Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Past and Present

The simplest things that Christmas brings
The feeling in the air some occasional singing
Brings me to the present as I smile at the past
With memories that warm the heart and will always last
The toy cars the video games oh yes it all matters
But if you wanna know it's neither former or latter
I'm reminded of us having those fun Christmas Eves
Enjoyment of going to church as a family if you could believe
Just knowing that it was that beautiful time of year
With nothing to doubt and nothing to fear
Christmas morning and realizing about my wish list
That I got all I wanted and more with nothing missed
Our breakfasts together that turned into dinner
Made this boy happier than a Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Now I look forward to making new memories to cherish
Just as long as my old ones never perish

No comments:

Post a Comment