Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Distorted Beauty

There is beauty in the cracks we see in society
There is strength in the weakness I see when you lie to me
If I knew who we were then I knew who we'd try to be
I sigh because I believe in the rights we aspire to see
Yet I pause and cry for what we lost in the fire
To see progression is my only desire
And I digress no less with the vigor of my youth
In my mind to survive it's my mind to the truth
That the little successes can't prevent the mistakes
Though I know that within I'll never forsake
What I've seen and learned through the years
May you never be handcuffed or controlled by fears
I still am in some ways and it follows me for days
I fight it off though so I'm not in a craze
The moral you ask there is beauty to treasure
Even in darkness there is beauty to pleasure

2 comments:

  1. I believe that we are solely responsible for our choices, and we have to accept the consequences of every deed, word, and thought throughout our lifetime. See the link below for more info.


    #lifetime
    www.matreyastudios.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read, enjoy and learn from your blog. Thanks! Keep on posting.

    Benjie
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete