Thursday, June 10, 2010

In Memory Of You

I mourn your presence so the pain lessens
I use it as a reminder of a taste like salad dressing
You can't duplicate it though your gone and I hurt
The smell of your perfume the way it was on your t-shirt
I ran my fingers through your hair but you're no longer there
Truth be told I'm really trying not to care
But in memory of you I love that idea every day
When it comes to you I never ran out of things to say
As I go to sleep with this woman next to me
I look at her and it's only you I see
I visit your grave with flowers twice a week
No one knows this but we still do speak
The secret is that I close the eyes and open my heart
With that we'll never ever be apart
I'll remember you always though it's crazy to say
My memory of you is as fresh as a farmer's morning hay

No comments:

Post a Comment