Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Rite Of Passage

From a man to boy I say on this day
Now it is time for you to go your way
You've lived in my shadow for years and years
Time to go out in the world to conquer your fears
It's perilous isn't it the world that's out there
With little of patience with barely the smallest of care
I can't boast of success but my experience is paramount
I've gone through more perilous fights than you can count
So as you take this journey take it wisely and very well
As I truly believe on the past you cannot dwell
I can say with confidence that I've always believed in you
Fly to the sky with the air clear the vision blue
Expect the unexpected but deal with grace
Eventually you'll see the smile on this father's face
Can't wait for the day when I can make this scripture
For you my son you're in control of this picture

No comments:

Post a Comment