Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Road (Part I)

For awhile it was closed couldn't travel this road
Carrying too much baggage too heavy of a load
I guess it was what I could see in my rearview
I never really understood what I was going through
Lost in my ways as I traveled away
Little did I know I'd have nothing to say
Because I remembered it all like it happened again
I had no thoughts and no smiles to send
It hurt me I know it did because I told her in my dreams
The truth about my flaws and marks everything I've seen
Still the road got darker as it was meant to do
In the darkness there's the light of the truth
To be continued as I ride forward in the line of fire
I say damn to myself as I know my heart tires
As the road twists and turns in what was meant to be
To where does this road lead for me

No comments:

Post a Comment