Thursday, November 11, 2010

Baggage

I wonder if what is meant to be is exactly that
All I know is she left from where she sat
Is it my fault I'll never know or really understand
Knowing that the boy in me has betrayed the man
And left it all thinking that the grass is always greener
Understanding that there's something more sadistic and meaner
Accepting that all losses are a lesson in winning
If I'm losing this game then why the hell am I grinning
I'm no longer mesmerized by the bright lights
I don't feel as if I need that warm touch at night
If that's the case then why am I shivering
If that's the thought then how come I'm quivering
Lie to yourself bag it up and put it away
You'll remember the words she'll always say
That he's better than you'd be on any day
And that's why she really feels that way
Am I gone not really but I'm no longer here
Getting rid of baggage is the equivalent of erasing fear

No comments:

Post a Comment