Monday, October 5, 2009

From Broken to Whole

If asked how I survived a broken heart
I'd turn and say you don't at the start
You get broken down piece by piece
You're looking for any type of peace
I've seen it all in my 23 years
I've fought it all when it comes to fears
I'm not special not super so this applies to all
Whether its summer winter spring or fall
When you lose what you think is everything
Remember what's there when you're thinking
If someone has the ability to take you down
There is no need to have them around
If someone can turn you from happy to sad
Then all in all they're no good they are that bad
I remember the days I used to blame myself
Those days put me in such bad health
Until I understood that you can get stronger
Until I realized you could last a little longer
I'm not the poster boy for tough talking
When something happens I just keep walking
I've been broken before but I've learned to survive
I've learned that you do what you must to be alive
Hopefully you and I could share in this lesson
And maybe that pain you have or had could lessen
Just call it chicken soup for the soul
Only you can turn it from broken to whole

No comments:

Post a Comment