Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Father the great

I'll never be able to walk a mile in your shoes
Though you have experience that I'll be able to use
I won't see things like you or provide what you can
All I know is that you have made me a better man
I don't agree with your tactics yet I see what they are
It's one of the reasons I've made it this far
I'm not matured not sure if I'll ever get there
But I've seen and heard your teachings everywhere
I'll regret what I didn't tell you the things that mattered
Like it wasn't just one you helped me climb the ladder
When I get married I wanna hear you shout loud
There's my boy and that I did you proud
Will I get these chances I wonder everyday
As I write these words I know I'll forget to say
That a father is so valuable in this world
To every little or big every boy or girl
They give you that strength to take you high
They also tell you to bear it take out the sigh
If it wasn't for mine I wouldn't be here
Not letting him know is the greatest fear

No comments:

Post a Comment