Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Cross to bear

Every man woman and child with the cross to bear
Whether slick curly black blonde or red hair
The choices you make will provide a map
Represented with a message you'll wear like a cap
Some might be good maybe ugly or bad
These decisions will vary from happy to sad
But we carry it not but never like Jesus did
Legendary religious stories from when we were kids
Our cross is different it's the theory of life
Understanding that is trying to avoid the strife
What's black to me might be white to you
You'd be surprised that I know what you're going through
You haven't found the right mate or you're full of hate
It might be that child support bill or finding out that you're late
Even if you are rich in money and lost at heart
Understand that in theory we're the same from the start
My cross is different as I strip my soul bare
Wondering if carrying it will ever get me there

No comments:

Post a Comment