Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Open Letter to my future child

Dear future son or daughter,


There is a part of me that is in pure wonderment as I write this. I never thought about this before till recently. I know I'm still a relatively young man, and there is so many things to do and say before we meet, but I wanted to talk to you anyway. I just want to let you know that I love you already. I love you more than I could ever think love was possible, well unless I'm talking about your mother. I'll get to her shortly... anyway when I bring you into this world I want to be ready. Circumstances will come up, that I won't necessarily understand or even accept at first, but I will be ready to love and care for you.


I am hoping in my heart of hearts that you stay strong and believe in yourself as you grow. Of course we will be there to provide that, instill that, let you know that, make those thoughts of good will burn in your brain. You still need to believe that because sometimes it's not the easiest thing to. One of my biggest issues is self belief. Can't, Won't, Don't SHOULD NOT be in your vocabulary, well that is unless you are trying to destroy daddy's stuff but besides that, it should not. You will be great, and you know why I know this? Cmon... you really wanna know? It's because that is who you are. You will be legendary in whatever you do, but I will need you to promise me that you will never push so hard that you forget who you are. Always stay true to yourself and you will be just fine.

Your mother and I will love you very much. She expects you someday, she's also waiting for you... I can only hope that I as Papa Bear will be focused and strong enough for that day and the days following that. I know she will be great because she already is. There is a heart of purity and that is hers. I should probably tell her that more often. Remember to tell her you love her as much as you can, because in this life we forget everyday how much someone means to us, even I can at times. There is only so much fighting and quarreling can do so try and keep that to a minimum. Keep a cool head, and you will see it pay dividends. While all that is true, also don't be afraid to speak your mind, when you grow to anyone, even myself and momma bear. This world is yours my child, and you must carry yourself with the same heart, mind, and soul everyday. That is a clear one, and one that believes that anything is possible. Whether you read this one day I don't know it'll be years from now. All I know is that I love you, and I'll see you when you get here.


Love,

Anthony Canton III

No comments:

Post a Comment