Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Contentious

Emotions run so high that I feel too low
In dealing with you there is no room to grow
Feet to the ground smaller than small
And yet I'm fighting with you every phone call
Livid because I'm fighting and I don't know why
Understanding that fighting is my version of try
Accepting this state of mind or am I minding the state
Wanting to turn back but this issue ran late
Like yesterday's edition back page headline
It's an ongoing struggle with no end in sight sign
It isn't a lie and that's why it doesn't go away
It's the reason why I haven't run out of things to say
Whether it's black or white or 50 shades of gray
I'm taking this away like it's a bad food tray
Tense and stressful and you made it this way
And for this we'll both have to pay
In my heart though it doesn't end
As contentious as this is my thoughts I still lend

No comments:

Post a Comment