Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Forgiving My Secrets, Honoring Your Truths

I'm jealous of the way you inspire what's true
As I think this to myself I can't admit it to you
Call me proud or stubborn the evidence of my years
Fortified by my secrets held up by my fears
I can't help but be humbled and aspire for better
But my individuality my ways are my life's letter
To the law of the call my flaws are my mask
To keep them from you are my life's task
Defeating the purpose of what the truth describes
I believe in my way as I continue to be a scribe
I can love you knowing that you will never lie
Can you love me knowing that I can only try
An essence of the little ones but those are still a shame
I'll never stop trying to change the game's name
As I forgive my ways I am grateful for what you believe
And in that I'll change with no lies to retrieve

No comments:

Post a Comment