Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Finding Love On A One Way Street

I was closed before I met you in some ways still cloudy
It doesn't have to be a man who's boisterous and rowdy
Within myself I can't deny that you've changed me in so many ways
In that I analyze these facts for days
Because in you I've become better and worse all in the same
But I'm happy for that because I've grown into my name
My name you ask because before I never fit the bill
Defined by my fear and never thought of for will
Coming down the street only one way that's my way
Fell in love with you and that's all I'll have to say
Even on the days that I'm scared of sharing that life
I know in my heart that you'll be my wife
And the power and fear that bring the questions in my face
Are the very same things that make this one a cold case
As I drive down this one way knowing that you're my one way
Expectations are higher and for me that's okay
Emotions are heightened and it's easy to convey
Love mixed with the nerves have entered the fray
The song is finding love on a two way street
The one way is my way so honey take a seat
Admitting my narcissism is part of the learning curve
But understanding  your love is multifaceted is my learning swerve
And in that I relent to you as I give you this ring
One way isn't my way anymore is what I'm thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment