Monday, August 16, 2010

Advice not taken, advice displaced

I've been advised about a thousand times
Though I realize it's on me to walk the line
You should say this or you should do that
You have to be agressive or just stand pat
What I found out is my way often holds true
O yes what is the world coming to
I always asked a question unsure of my beliefs
Truth be told the advice would give me grief
Now I feel more mature less passive and strong
Decision making is easier all day long
It's amazing how it changes when you're all alone
Those people who advised you left you on your own
But it's the best thing that has ever took place
Thinking about it brings a smile to my face
A growth in my life that I've never seen
I think you guys know what I mean
You learn every day to do what's best for you
If you stick to that advice your sky will always be blue

No comments:

Post a Comment