Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Perspective with All Due Respect

Learning to hone and complete my voice
Doesn't exist without a complicated choice
Instead of black and white there are shades of gray
Have to watch what you put out and what you say
Maybe not because you might offend the masses
It might be because you'll never know what passes
Some people learn to be politically correct
That's their cause and what they expect
Others shoot first and ask questions later
It's those people that generate haters
I don't hate but I see the theory
That you'll end up alone and very weary
Not sure where this goes but I'll try to explain
Even if so I might do so in vain
In the past year I have seen my past disappear
As it crumbles so does my fear
But sometimes fear is a very good thing
It keeps you active and always thinking
My emotions have become more honest and forthright
Less than who I was a change like day to night
Has it left me more open to attacks from all sides
I feel more vulnerable even though with less to hide
This fascination sensation of emotion
Has led to a couple interesting if not big commotions
And with that I know that my life has done a full turn
I could say I'm a little worried but damn I'll let it burn

No comments:

Post a Comment